Monday, September 26, 2011

Hoops, Finale (for now)

I had a strand of natural Spinel stones and the range of colors was truly amazing. Too much of a good thing because I fussed and fiddled with these for an awfully long time before I finally, FINALLY committed myself to making something with them. Well, I was also intimidated because I don't usually spend quite that much $$ on 14 inches of stones on a string....

But prior to this, I had worked with a strand of rubies of a similar price tag and I've sold a few of those OOAK earrings, so maybe I'm getting more confidence about taking risks like this? At any rate, examples of my final "hoop form" in the hoop mania I have been covering, and these are examples that are currently available in my Etsy Shop.



So this coming Saturday, I'll be setting up a display of a collection of my pieces in the big picture window of the gallery in Barrington, BCAC at the IceHouse Mall, that I've mentioned here earlier. It's a gallery program called "Featured Artist of the Month" and eventually, almost everyone gets a turn. I'm at the stage of making my final selection of pieces to use, themes to follow, etc. I think it will be fun but am very hopeful that my last order of display busts gets here in time.......

Meanwhile, over in the WillOaks Studio on Etsy, I've begun to post a body of work that features tons of pearls....I'll write a little more about this newly revisted direction later this week!!

The weather is crummy, rain rain rain rain.....

Hope your week's going great!

3 comments:

Ann said...

Love these. so pretty. Good luck with your display.
At least that rain is good for staying inside and being creative?

Anonymous said...

Lovely new pieces, and good luck with the show!

Rose Clearfield said...

I hope that everything goes well at the gallery! I always love your pearl work.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin