Friday, October 8, 2010

Fall is Falling....and More Treasuries

Although my main focus the past few weeks has been new cuffs and bracelets, at another end of my studio, new necklaces are beginning to take shape. I'm really excited by multiple, cascading layers, especially on longer necklaces. This early piece was an effort to see what I could do with these really unusual, and very textural, bronze brown keishi pearls. These little pearls are so organic that I really will have to experiment a little more to feel like I've "nailed it." But I did shoot this piece because it also includes a new approach to "chains" I've been trying, that brings a subtle mix of different colored silk fibers together to echo the color of the pearls or stones. Some of these will tie in order to adjust the front length, and others just slip over the head.

A couple more new seasonal treasuries showed up today. "Like a Rollin' Stone" was curated by ZiBagz who has her shop here with all kinds of cool sewn constructions like bags, pouches and wristlets.


"Glowing Fall Colors" was curated by Gencards who is introducing her newest little card shop here. Momgen has another shop offering clear bags and other supplies that has been very successful on Etsy for quite awhile.

I love the colors, smells and things particular to this time of year and I enjoy how some of the new treasuries are collections of how different artists are responding to this season.

And do consider finding some new blogs through the Blog Hop link here-Happy Friday everyone!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Momgen said...

Thanks for blogging it dear and for the adverts...See you...

Anonymous said...

I do like the color orange...so cheerful and FUN...

Anonymous said...

I like the direction the necklace is headed in though! They are quite gorgeous beads.

Annette Kerr said...

I've just dropped by via EC and I'm soooo glad I did! I love this site!! Your jewellery is gorgeous!! I'm now following you so I'll be back later for a longer browse!...

Annette
www.mammakerr.com

Ann said...

Love the beads you are using in your new necklaces. Very cool. Very nice treasuries also.

Nick Raymon said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely post.
These necklaces are too funky and cool too
I loved it..
All the very best with it...!!!
:)
seed pearls

jen said...

LOVE the necklaces. Love, love love.

Swinging by from the weekend blog hop.

http://TheSurvivalMama.blogspot.com
@TheSurvivalMama

Rachel R. said...

I hopped over from the weekend blog hop and added you on GFC. Please consider following me back at my new blog, which will qualify you to enter my $25 Amazon Giftcard giveaway!

http://rachelsgiveaways.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin