Saturday, July 17, 2010

There's a Cat in My Art Studio....




...and it's both fun/funny and exasperating! The Purrmeister really enjoys the "picture window" that I've parked my studio table under....and is going through this chewing phase, which can be a little nutty.

The studio table MUST have a towel thrown over any work in progress or I can pay dearly, as in, work gets undone....I've been under some pressure to finish orders so I'm really trying to learn to protect the work even on a 2 second notice....sometimes I forget, like today. He managed to undo all the delicate sorting I had done, sigh. On weekends, a lot of campers show up so I'm in and out, back and forth to the office even as I'm working on pieces laid out here....at the house, no cat would DARE to get up on my work bench.....here? Normal rules don't apply.

Even my tools are fair game when he goes into his hunter mode. He likes to attack the corners of my laptop and there are now toothmarks on the cover..how cute? No matter that he gets treats, has his own toys, & etc....somehow, my stuff is always better and more interesting. If he weren't so cute and innocent, I might.....................................

11 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

It's obvious: Purrmeister is just trying to express his own creative urges. Maybe you should get him his own table and stuff.

Babamoon said...

LOL how cute, that first picture is adorable!

Ann said...

LOL, I know the feeling. Even Duke with some of his cutest antics can be very trying on the nerves at times. That must be why they were made so cute, so we wouldn't.....

Unknown said...

Anything that I am working on gets inspected by all three cats. Now that Calle has moved to the farm, more or less permanently, I only have eight paws that step on jewellery-projects or kick beads off the work-table.
I like your solution to throw a terry cloth towel over your beadwork!
Cajsa is presently perched on top of my newly washed and folden hand-towels. She says that they are just the right cushions to sit on while surveying the room!
Happy Summer!
Hugs,
Anna

Lin said...

What is so alluring about projects in progress?? Ugh. When I lay out quilt pieces on the floor to get ready to sew, one of my two has to scramble them all up. And then they sit on top of the mess like "What???!". Drives me crazy!!

Well, at least you have help, right?

Anonymous said...

Cute is what saves the little darlin's from extinction LOL

Amy Lilley Designs said...

I do the exact same thing to my work 'station'...I have a pic of Little Kitty plopped down right in the middle, as expected...I just don't want her eating any wire...she ate 2 feet of ribbon once, and her life was spared (or maybe 4 out of the allotted 9)...I love Purrmeister...:))

Jenny Melzer said...

I love it when cats do stuff like that. Our cat likes to lick plastic bags. I have no idea why, but he's obsessed with plastic bag licking. It doesn't even matter what was in the bag to begin with.

BeadedTail said...

There's a reason kitties are so darn cute! It's hard for them to distinguish between what's a toy or not so we tend to say a lot of "they're not hurtin' nothin'" whenever the cats are in the middle of something.

Sharkbytes said...

Glad you like him enough to put up with this. I think my studio would become off cat limits.

Duni said...

I can never leave a fabric pile out...it's the perfect 'bed' or so Sammy thinks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin