Thursday, July 15, 2010

I Dream in Full Color!


I am both trained and naturally inclined to be super sensitive to color. I love color and can't imagine a world without it.

But I truly was shocked to awaken from a dream the other morning only to remember the intense doses of color that had intruded my dream! Picture this: I had drawers and cupboards with lots and lots of really colorful....underwear! It was glorious!

I had all these beautiful brassieres in bright red, blue, green, peach, pink, purple...the piles went on and on, one discovery after the next, each more beautiful than the one before. It was quite astonishing, in retrospect! And it was so real...the details of the laces and satin straps, the equally colorful panties. Imagine my disappointment to awaken....to my rather dull pile of tank tops used for summer camping. Oh well, it was both a lovely dream and a wonderful affirmation that YES, I DO dream in color!!

But wait, then my dream went on to offer me a more useful nudge. I've been mentally designing some new bracelets for fall. Richly textured, multi-strand pieces but constructed in a different way than my current silken chain wrap pieces. I've ordered a few supplies. I was (and am) still in the fermenting stages, when the ideas all mix it up in order to take on enough shape in my mind so that I can pick up some materials and begin to experiment.

Well darn it all anyway, there in my dream were some finished pieces, some new bracelets all ready to go. I was quite surprised to see that I had done all that work and again, there was so much wonderful COLOR!! I was very happy with my new work, my new designs....

....and then, I had to wake up and realize that no, there were no finished bracelets. No, no colorful lingerie. It was all just one beautiful, colorful dream....truth be told? It left me smiling all day long!

5 comments:

Ann said...

Lucky you, you have fun colorful dreams. Me? I'm always dreaming about being at work, then I wake up and realize it was only a dream and I have to do the work day all over for real...lol

Sharkbytes said...

Cool- to get project ideas in your sleep. I dream in color too.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the new pieces!

Jen said...

Piles of new and colorful underwear sounds like heaven. All you need was some shoes.

Jenny Melzer said...

This was a wonderful post. I love dreams, and dreaming in rich, vivid color is one of my favorite things to wake from. Dreaming of a big drew or new frilly underthings would be heaven.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin