Sunday, March 14, 2010

Little Lessons Learned

My cats teach me how to relax. Is there anything more calm than a sleeping cat? So despite the pressure and stress right now, any one of these kids can distract me, get my attention, and lower my blood pressure with just a bit of interaction.

My flowers remind me that despite the gray and rainy days, we need these for the beautiful flowers still to come. Plus when the world all seems a little gray, the lovely color of the blossom looks all the more bright and is all the more welcome.

Good meditations, both of these, right now. The weather has been transitional: gray and rainy, a bit warmer but not really pleasant to be outdoors for too long. So that's a good thing because there is so much to do in the studio suddenly: Orders to fill (thank you!!), new prototypes to finish, paperwork to catch up on, and the mother of all housecleaning jobs to somehow tackle before my sister and her husband visit in just over a week. Maybe it's time to peruse "Angie's List? and find some extra help??

Have a great Monday, folks!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love "Angie's List" - a home owners best friend without a doubt. And yeah, get a little help, you have more important things to do than dust!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,
A little help might not hurt. Relax it will all come together.

Amy Lilley Designs said...

Our local river, the Pawtuxet, has hit record highs...when it overflows, it floods into the very large parking lot of our supermarket...the water is right up to the main road, and I expect the swans to be swimming there by tomorrow...

Remember to breathe...it will all get done, the sun will come back out, and the kittys, well, they'll continue to teach us the best ways to curl up and relax...:))

Ann said...

We've got that gray transitional weather here too, it came after a few very sunny days, just enough to tease you with the thought of spring. Listen to those cats, pets do have a way of calming you down.

Anonymous said...

Yea, don't you wish you could be a cat when you grow up? Sigh...

Lin said...

OOoooh, I do so love that Red kitty!! I'm with you--nothing like a sleeping kitty to relax with. :) And the flowers---lovely!

prashant said...

A little help might not hurt. Relax it will all come together.
data entry work from home

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin