Monday, March 15, 2010

A First Time for Everything! & You Can Win One...


For the first time since I began selling my work online, I have created a "best seller." Mind you, this is all relative, but ANY TIME that I have sold more than one or two of something, I've been amazed. And I do have a few other "greatest hits," but my new "Made With Silk" series is sort of catching on! The "Pastel Rainbow," in particular, has sold several copies, including (a first for me) five copies since Friday. Amazing. The other designs in this series are moving, too, but there must be something about this version that folks are responding to especially well.

Not to over-think this (but I have been over-thinking this ;p) it must be some unusual (for me) combination of the price point, the weather, and maybe the promise of Spring...which was sort of the inspiration for this version of the piece. And maybe some (personal) economies are turning around a little bit. And I say that because again, since I opened my shop on Etsy in late November, 2008, I sort of came to expect a bump in sales for holidays....but this weekend was a first for me that was nice and busy, and um, it doesn't seem to be "holiday shopping" that I'm the beneficiary of right now.

OK, well, now I've got some more crocheting to do here!! Have a great day!

P.S. I'm asleep at the wheel here and forgot to mention that over at the "I Heart Handmade" show, there's a new giveaway of your choice of one of my "Pearls and Silk" pieces! Granted, you need to work a bit to get your entries in (you can enter 3 times!) but IF you win....you get to choose a piece...and it might even be the one at the top of this blog post (if I don't sell out, LOL!)

So don't wait...pop over there now and enter to win!

Oh, and one more thing-one of my crochet pieces just got included in a post on this beautiful new (to me) blog! bluebirdluxe is the name, and you just have to check it out!!

7 comments:

Lenox Knits said...

Wow. Sounds like your shop is really building up momentum. I'm not a bit surprised that the lovely pastel pieces are flying off the shelves. They are some of my favorites of your work.

Anonymous said...

Goodness knows I've done MY part LOL I hate blog contests but as blog contests go this one is rather benign... not too much hoop jumping.

Joanne Olivieri said...

Karen, I'm happy it's going so well for you though I'm not surprised. You have some awesome stuff there and pieces of which I receive compliments all the time.

Ann said...

So good to hear that things are going so well but not surprising at all since your work is beautiful.

Mrs Sweetwater said...

well good for you !!!

Clara said...

I don't wear much jewelry, but I've really admired your creations. But I'm just wild for your your Crocheted Silk and Pearls line. They are all so beautiful and a style that would work for me. I'm headed to your Etsy shop this minute to buy myself an early birthday present. And one to give my DMIL for Mother's Day.

prashant said...

They are some of my favorites of your work.
data entry work from home

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin