Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bass Ackwards, Maybe

A clump of new silk and pearl necklaces
--do notice Purrmeister's little image reflected in the glass vase on the right....
he's always got to be in the thick of things.


I wasn't really watching the calendar, I guess. I totally forgot yesterday was Fat Tuesday until it was too late. I could have used today's post to celebrate Carnival and used yesterday's Haiti updates to begin Lent. I go into a zone sometimes and just kind of lose track of time: days, dates, even weeks-usually not seasons though, lol!

So this image is more new work in progress. After a long weekend, continuing to explore and test my new silk direction, I wanted to see what would happen if I kept a clump of really long necklaces all together. It's pretty bright, eh? I'm in the process of doing the photos one by one, of course. Each piece is about 56" long and closes with a springclasp. Later photos will show them as either necklaces or really nice bracelets. But I thought this photo "of the clump" really suggested Spring.

Uh, oh...I just realized it's Wednesday and I forgot that....more evidence of my tendency to zone out, I guess....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Karen,
Thank you for your kind words about my jewellery interpretation of rose hips. You know where I got the idea letting myself be inspired by plants from -- from YOU, of course! I have learned that way of working from you.
(I think I will try to mention this in part two of the rose hips-theme.)
Love these pastel pearl necklaces strung on silk. Purrmeister is so cute, even as a shadow!
About loosing track of time.. I do that all the time. You get so imvolved in a project that you don't know what day it is!
Hugs
Anna

Anonymous said...

What is the significance of it being Wednesday?

Really pretty stuff - but you know I am your #1 fan!

Lenox Knits said...

REally lovely. I like them in a clump too.

Ann said...

Your post title cracked me up. I think Purrmeister adds a nice touch to the photo.

VanillaSeven said...

Love the color combination, it will perfectly match with white dress silk :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin