Nearly a month ago (ooops!) Threads of Magique sent me a KreativeBlogger Award with the following rules:
1. Thank the person who gave this to you.
2. Copy the logo and place it in your blog.
3. Link the person who nominated you.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.
5. Nominate seven 'Kreativ Bloggers'
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
OK, well at least I said thank you right away...and the logo is above!
And my thanks to Threads of Magique - a blog just full of magical and curious objects made by a couple of sisters from beautiful Oregon! Now, I'm NOT going to pass this on specifically--but I will give a few of the "7 things" a quick shot, I guess....
1.) In 1997, I was a Fulbright Fellow and was based in Lodz (pronounced Woodge) Poland where I did research and taught at an art academy for Spring semester.
2.) I love Europe and have been traveling and staying in different places there since 1983, mainly, through work I've gotten centered around my artwork (so not really "vacations" so much as "work.")
3.) I used to write an art review column for the weekend edition of a daily newspaper in Anchorage, where I lived and worked for about 8 years.
4.) And while I lived in Anchorage, I did some teaching at the University there--beginning drawing and intro to art history classes--classes I got to teach as an adjunct professor.
5.) I love green tea and apples, every day!
...................................Ha ha, that's plenty for now....I'm feeling sort of uncomfortable delving into my personal stuff like this!
So that brings me to the next award, sent to me by Cher and Rich of the provocative blog "Ask Cherlock", with no strings attached! (Whew, very cool she says tentatively......) And I love the spirit of this award as it acknowledges the idea that really amazing friendships get formed through the connections made by blogging. And it's true...I keep meeting some of the most interesting people through the regular (or semi-regular) visits to blogs that I've discovered in one way or another! And it's so intriguing by how you sort of get to feel like you "know" these bloggers and care about them, even though you've never met face to face....although I admit, the virtual world here does take some getting used to!
And finally, a challenge given with this award from Brenda over at Split Rock Ranch--one word answers to 35 questions...OK, one word isn't too hard, is it? Yes, when one becomes two or three...ha ha ha, well, I tried!
1. Where is your cell phone? Misplaced
2. Your hair? Ponytail
3. Your mother? Brilliant
4. Your father? Kind
5. Your favorite food? Waffles
6. Your dream last night? None
7. Your favorite drink? Green Tea
8. Your dream/goal? Art Career Continues
9. What room are you in? Office/studio
10. Your hobby? Horticulture
11. Your fear? Violence
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? More travel
13. Where were you last night? Out with Friends
14. Something you aren't? Organized
15. Muffins? OK
16. Wish list item? Kitten
17. Where did you grow up? Woodstock (IL)
18. Last thing you did? Designed ads
19. What are you wearing? Sweats
20. Your tv? Very old
21. Your pets? 2 cats, 1 dog
22. Friends? Many!
23. Your life? Evolving
24. Your mood? Mellow
25. Missing someone? Rebecca (friend)
26. Vehicle? Subaru
27. Something you're not wearing? Bra
28. Your favorite store? Etsy
29. Your favorite color? All!
30. When was the last time you laughed? One hour ago
31. Last time you cried? One week ago
32. Your best friend? Brother & Sister
33. One place I go to over and over? Campground
34. One person who emails me regularly? Sister
35. Favorite place to eat? Taco Bell
OK, so I know this is probably incomplete by blog award standards....but I really need to get back to finishing some new pieces here. I'm doing my first "holiday show and sale" of the season this weekend, and I DO NOT have my act together...that's right, I'm disorganized! Thank you to all my "blogging friends!" And thanks for stopping by.....