Friday, October 23, 2009

Remembering My Friend Ann


Ann Gates Spradlin

Ann Gates Spradlin, 55, Ashland, Mo., and formerly of Woodstock, died Monday, Oct. 12, 2009, after a three-year fight with cancer. Visitation will be from 1 to 2 p.m. and the funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 24, at Memorial Funeral Home, 1217 Business Loop 70 West, Columbia, Mo.

I'm in Missouri with Dakota now, staying at my friend Ann's home. It's like she's still here because all her things are still around, but she's gone and it's pretty sad. I feel such sympathy for her husband and best friend Steve; he seems to be doing what must be done, but he seems a bit lost. Later today, we will celebrate her life and cherish our memories of her, both collectively and individually.

Rain the whole drive here seemed to amplify feeling of sorrow and introspection, yet the autumn colors were a wonderful and beautiful distraction. But I kept thinking, "even the sky weeps at her passing."



9 comments:

Ann said...

The sky may weep her passing but the autumn colors rejoice in knowing she is at peace.
My deepest condolances on the passing of your friend

Dori said...

My condolences to you on the loss of your friend.

Cher Duncombe said...

She was truly blessed to have you for a friend. Your words were images of beauty that only a loving friend could offer. My deepest sympathy...

Joanne Olivieri said...

Though physically gone, she will always be with you in your heart and soul. My condolences to you, her family and friends. Celebrate her life.

Amy Lilley Designs said...

oh my Karen...my last sentence when I spoke @ my friends' funeral was, '...I feel lost knowing she is no longer here...'..and it rained..oh it is such a process. My thoughts and prayers are w/ all of you for strength and grace...and yes, she will always always always be in your heart...

VanillaSeven said...

My condolences to you. Beautiful Salmon Blood flower.

My condolences to you

Split Rock Ranch said...

My condolences to you also, Karen. You and Ann's family are in my prayers.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

May Ann's memory be for a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Remembering is how we keep them with us...My deepest sympathy.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin