Friday, August 7, 2009

Grand Finale II (for the Lilies)






The "big red lily" patch blew me away when it shot up to over 6' tall this summer and THEN began to bloom. To me, these blooms aren't really as pretty as some of the white and pink lilies, but I have no idea what it's called and have never grown Oriental lilies this tall before.

So this is the second installment of our finale for lilies here this summer. If you missed part one, go down to the next post.

Thank goodness I got these photos done before a huge rain storm moved in this morning...and stuck around all day. I wonder how many inches it added up to? Soon, I'll probably be talking about our 8' tall corn!

12 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

I really like flowers with speckles of color on them. These are all great, and I think I like the last one the most.

VanillaSeven said...

I love the vivid color of the lilies here. I guess you can easily find inspiration from these flowers.

http://vanillaseven.com/2009/08/08/future-gardens/

Cruiselife & Co said...

Wow, I agree with you about the color. They are beautiful, but I still love white lilies.

Beltran Studios said...

amazing beauty!!!

Mrs Sweetwater said...

ooooooooo the richness of the color and ranges of shades within a single plant, must make you oooooooo and aaaaaaaahhhh until you are hoarse.

so much beauty, how I enjoy your daily postings. thanks

Unknown said...

Sooooooo beautiful.

Awesome photos:)

My compliments to the photographer!

Theresa said...

The first photo is amazing...the colors are so vivid and beautiful! Though all of them are lovely that is definitely my favorite.

Anonymous said...

I think the lilies would look gorgeous in photos after the storm. You know, with little drops of water here and there.

Cher Duncombe said...

This is absolutely wonderful photography. The photos capture the colors beautifully. If you took these photos, it just shows the extent of your artistic capabilities, not onlt with jewelry but with photography.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful - I love lillies

Artsnark said...

zowie! That is some eye-popping color!

earthtoholly.com said...

Wow! That fuschia is beautiful! I, too, prefer some of the softer colors but nothing beats these brights for a striking photo. Very nice.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin