Thursday, October 28, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy....help!

When it comes to color--I'm changeable like the weather. When asked, I say "It just depends...."

So when I decided to take the plunge and curate my OWN treasury, my very first one, I decided that my very first theme would be Primary Colors: RED, YELLOW, BLUE.

Pulling it together wasn't as hard as I feared so now, dear readers, I invite you (beg you) to please, Please, PLEASE click on this image or link, to visit my actual collection (and leave a comment if you desire.) I really appreciate your support!

But I'm just warming up! My studio is strewn with "experiments" from this past week since my move back to my home studio. Being back with all my "stuff" I'm like a kid in a candy shop and need to calm down my ADHD here soon, focus, solve a few problems, and follow through. But I'll do that later. Today, I'm jumping the gun to share more of my "in progress work" here....

New experiments: Knotted glass beads focal on silk.

You know, I just never ever know where an idea will come from and when things are going well, they just sort of pop into my head. Then it's up to me to decide if it's worth looking at further, or if it's better filed away for later...or if it's a total dud.

I'm pretty excited by this new necklace invention though there are still a few bugs to work out.....Can you imagine this with a holiday dress, blouse or sweater? The way they work right now is the silk side straps are adjustable for a necklace that goes from 18" to about 28" all with sliding beads and knots on the sides.



More views: Crocheted artisan silk and dyed quartz multi-strand necklaces.


I hinted at this new form the other day and wanted to show other views and colors....I'm pretty sure I've got the side straps figured out and so, hopefully, after I add a few more colors and work out the last critical details, these will be ready to offer. My challenge was to make these necklaces really adjustable in length, so that they could really be worn different ways. It wasn't quite as easy as I had hoped, but I'm almost there!

So best wishes for a fun and safe weekend of Halloween parties and pranks--watch out for the werewolves! Thanks for dropping by....

5 comments:

Ann said...

Stopped over and left a comment on your treasury before commenting here. Loved it.
Also love those necklaces with the knots. The second set with adjustable length, superb. What a great idea. Not only beautiful but versatile too

Split Rock Ranch said...

Fabulous Treasury!!! I clicked and commented.

Love both the new necklace styles. I love adjustable length necklaces because I hate it when I choose a necklace to wear but the length isn't right and I have to choose something else!

Anonymous said...

I can see where the new necklace styles could be very popular.

aceIN photography said...

hi there. beautiful necklace! your newest blog hop follower. happy weekend. would *love* a follow back. you can find me at:

http://aceandfriendsco.blogspot.com/

stop on by for *show some saturday love* blog hop!

Unkamengifts said...

I really love this Etsy Treasury and admire people who can so artfully combine such different items into one piece of art!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin