Friday, February 12, 2010

Treasury & Another New Silk Experiment

A new, lovely treasury featuring the "peach color" and including one of my signature pearl necklaces. It was curated by Kim whose shop, Queen Heron Creations, is great to visit. She creates beautiful and warm looking neck warmers and cowls in lovely colors and does felting pieces that are so natural and sweet--take a peek now!

And a quick peek at another of my ongoing explorations of crocheted silk. Of course I'm trying to figure out where pearls fit in--I adore pearls (it's my birthstone and was one of the first "precious jewels" I ever got as a kid) and after I try just a few more ideas in these direction, I hope to commit to some of these new structures to list in my Etsy shop soon. So it's a great time for feed back from everyone!!

Along these lines, I really appreciate all of your comments on these new silk crocheted pieces I've been dripping out here all week, and in case you missed any, here's Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - all different experiments with crocheted silk.

4 comments:

Duni said...

Your 'experiments' with silk are masterpieces.

Ann said...

Well so far I haven't seen any of your experiments that have failed. Yet again you created another stunning piece

Anonymous said...

now THAT is elegant...

Anonymous said...

I took one look at that and thought, wow, that's my friend Amy's wet dream-LOL. She's really into balance and symmetry to say the least. She's a bit obsessive about it (i.e. she will ask me to help her hang pics in her room and to mess with her I'll create an asymmetrical arrangement and watch her tick and recoil). Anyway, I think it's gorgeous, but also very different from the others you presented so far. It's great to have variety in that way.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin