Thursday, December 17, 2009

Lots of Stuff from WillOaks Studio

Lucky me, I'm in a new treasury! This one was made by a buyer, not a shop owner that I can link to, but I think she did a lovely job. As I've mentioned before--I think red and white together are so lovely, especially in winter. I noted that this one seems rather "delicious." You can have a closer look, and even leave a comment, by clicking on the image! Thank you "catgirl"-(Sally.)

It's not going too well, this "diet" Red Kitty is on, sigh. It takes constant vigilance and closed doors to try to keep him out of Purrmeister's high calorie kitten food. When I see Red sitting like this, you know what comes to mind? Toaster cozy, yep, except the toaster under this cozy is restaurant sized like what, maybe 8 slides at a time? You know, I really don't mind that there's a lot of him to love, but I am concerned about feline diabetes or other health issues developing as he'll be 9 years old next month....so I'm doing all I can to control his "caloric intake" but heaven knows if it's really doing any good. So yes, Lin, when you talk about Hobbes being 47 pounds? I think Red is his virtual twin....


Finally, I'm truly thrilled to discover that my designs that combine the pearls and flowers, or pearls and Czech pressed glass, seem to be pretty popular, much to my surprise!! To me, it seemed a natural extension of using the pearls to try this way and mix them up with "flowers." In fact, I've sold all but the most recent, and 'exclusive' one, which is a OOAK (one of a kind.) Here you are seeing that I've revisited one of my earlier designs-recreated and posted yesterday evening.

7 comments:

Duni said...

I can totally relate to the 'cat-diet' thing. Ever since the vet put Sammy, my cat, on a diet he seems hungrier than ever! I have to be careful he doesn't lick the butter off of my bread slice when I'm not looking. Hahaha!

Lenox Knits said...

How cute. He looks like he is a happy/chubby pet.

Split Rock Ranch said...

Beautiful Treasury! Love the necklace. You might want to try feeding the kitten several times throughout the day in the bathroom or a bedroom behind closed doors. That's how we feed our kittens. We finally switched to a grain free all stages cat food that everyone can eat and maintain proper weight on.

Anonymous said...

I love the pearls and flower pieces - Just saying. I have an orange boy kitty - he's the baby of the group at 2 1/2 - but he has a lot of Siamese in him so he is long an lean and lithe, on the other hand we have a fluffy gray boy who when last weighed tipped the scales at 20 pounds soooo....

Lin said...

I'm in LOVE with Red! Oh my, he and Hobbes can be brothers!! I like your toaster cozy simile--but I think he's more like and ottoman, like Hobbes. Some kitties are just big--I know Hobbes has the big giant feet and bone structure to support that weight. We knew it was coming when he was a kitten--he walked like Elsa the lion.

Give that big boy a giant smoochie from me. (I'm sure he'll love it!) I enjoyed his photo immensely today.

Unknown said...

Great post! Wonderful treasury; beautiful big red cat; love the "peachy-coloured" pearl necklace with the green glass leaves.
I'm with Lin. Give you red cat, no, give all of your cats a hug from me. (Your dog too!)
I would like to write more, but I have a deadline to meet!
Best wishes
Anna

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

That is a big kitty! I'm glad your designs are doing well. You make really pretty stuff.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin