Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Sky is Burning

We watched an amazing sunset unfolding as we were finishing our work. I scurried home to get my camera and it had faded to dying embers by the time I was ready to try to capture it. Early Friday morning, I'll be on the road to Missouri and will keep the camera close at hand because road trips are often good for a few new images, depending on weather.

Dakota is supposed to travel with me but will be at the vet as early as they will take us this morning. She's not putting any weight on her right front foot and I can't see anything wrong, externally, so I have no idea what the problem is. Perhaps she'll be spending a few days at the vet instead of on a road trip? To be continued....

13 comments:

Angela said...

Awww, I hope Dakota is feeling better soon, and that it is nothing serious. Have a safe trip!

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

What a gorgeous picture! You take the most wonderful shots :) I hope Dakota is better soon and you have a great trip! xox

Unknown said...

love your pic, sunsets don't last long enough sometimes. hope dakota is going to be fine and on the road to accompany you. have a great day...hugz!

Petula said...

I love photos like that. I hope Dakota is okay.

Split Rock Ranch said...

Safe travels. Hope Dakota is okay and can travel with you!

Sandee said...

The shot is breathtakingly beautiful.

I hope Dakota is okay. I know that helpless feeling. We have our Little Bit.

Have a safe road trip.

Have a terrific day. :)

Joanne Olivieri said...

First, I hope Dakota is okay. The photo is gorgeous with the darkened tree silhouettes against that fiery sky. Excellent shot.

Theresa said...

Lovely shot despite you getting to the sunset late. Hope you have a safe trip and definitely hope that Dakota is ok and can go along with you.

Dori said...

I hope Dakota is okay too.

What a beautiful photo!

Cruise Addict said...

My thoughts are with Dakota as well. Enjoy your trip and the pictures are outstanding, love this time of year. Glenn

Amy Lilley Designs said...

Have a safe trip...my thoughts and prayers are w/ you...trust that Dakota will be just fine.

Your recent photos should be in frames...just gorgeous!!!

Ann said...

even the dieing embers of the sunset are a breathtaking view. I do hope that Dakota is ok. Enjoy your trip

Rick (Ratty) said...

Great photo! I love sunsets. I hope Dakota turns out to be fine.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin