Thursday, June 18, 2009

Encore!

existing light upon opening

flash shot, new one opens and first one closes

existing light, one comes into bloom, one finishes

bug's eye view with flash

sunny morning after

I don't think I've see this with my Cereus before: as the blossom from the other night faded, the smaller bud right next to it grew and opened the next day, practically in front of my eyes. It was very dusky by the time it was actually open ("night" blooming Cereus, after all!)

But I shot away because this "encore" is all there is for 2009. With some images, I used the flash and with others, I lucked into a pretty clear photo even with a hand held long exposure. The next morning was full sun, to show the aftermath of the one night bloom.

4 comments:

Queerly Yours said...

It's been wonderful exploring the garden with all of your beautiful photographs. (it makes me want to get out there and plant something too!)How cool it must have been to watch this Cereus plant bloom...thanks for sharing!

JoAnnA Pierotti said...

Hi Karen, Just wanted to let you know that I think your creations are just amazing. I'm in love with your pearl necklaces. I see your inspiration from your beautiful gardens. A big wow.

sorry I missed the deadline for the giveaway. Someone will be a lucky gal.

blessings,
joanna

Anonymous said...

Wow...it reminds me so much of your jewelry. Gorgeous!

WillOaks Studio said...

So happy you're enjoying the "flower watching" with me!! This time of year is really extraordinary for blossoms and other amazing views...thanks so much for "tuning in!" Karen

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin