Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Some of the New Pieces

This bracelet using olive jade and a big collection of Czech pressed glass is opulent. It set the tone for me this week and inspired a use of the olive and yellow greens with transparent rose as well as for olive all alone.

It's practically a cornucopia as all the parts overflow from carved jade roses that served as anchors.
So when I indulge in over the top, excess like that, I tend to pull back, simplify and search for a kind of "essence" which I think I found in this set.
And the pieces above and below simplify this idea just a little bit more.


Then, is seemed time to edit out the rose pink completely, and focus on the beauty of olive green, which I decided to try in both a bright silver and an oxidized version using these really large pearls I've been looking at for some time. As I post this on Wednesday evening, I intend to put this collection into my etsy shop over the next couple of days...and then will add links here to the shop listings (done 5-1-09).

1 comment:

Artsnark said...

lovely pieces & wonderful photos with the bird! Have you entered the Etsy Worthy Photo Contest? You should!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin